The North York Moors Railway is easy to reach, as is the Jurassic Coast from Whitby to Robin Hood’s Bay. Bank House Farm is 12 miles inland from Whitby (29 miles from Pickering/10 miles from Goathland of Heartbeat fame).
Further info on Bank House Farm:http://www.bankhousefarmhostel.co.uk/ The nearest pub appears to be the Arncliffe Arms, 3 miles away. For menus & accommodation details: http://www.arncliffearms.com/default.html
Bank House Farm Accommodation InformationBunkbarn accommodation – min price £200 per night – 10 people. Additional people £20 pppn: The dorm sleeps 11 on beds + 1 on mattress on floor, ie 12, (overflow sleeping in the sitting room/kitchen: two 4-seater sofas and a chair bed), so 15 in total. Bottom sheets, pillows and pillow slips are provided. The kitchen is fully equipped with cooking utensils, saucepans, baking pans etc, a microwave, a standard 4-hob/2-oven cooker, a slow cooker, crockery, cutlery, mugs, teapot & cafetiere. The washroom has 2 showers, 2 basins, 1 large sink and 3 toilets. If there are 10 people – this is £20 per person, per night – i.e. £40 for the weekend.
There is a minimum charge of £200 per night for the Bunkbarn so if we do not have 10 people for this option, cost per person goes up. The kitchen/living (ie common) room is probably suitable for 15 at the most. You will need to bring sleeping bag or duvet and food/ drink for the weekend. (We can discuss catering/ evening meal preferences later).
B&B £25 pppn The family farmhouse has 1 room with a double bed and a set of bunks and 2 further bunk bed rooms available. These are not ensuite (shared bathroom upstairs and toilet/shower/sink downstairs). £25 inc toast & cereal b/fast. Max 8 people – in one family room for 4 and two bunk bed rooms. £25 per person per night i.e. £50 for the weekend. (Arncliffe Arms has ensuite B&B available).
Camping/vans Space for a campervan or two and a small tent or two (in the garden). The price for people in those would be £10pppn. Van toilets cannot be emptied here unless contents are suitable for septic tanks.
BOOKINGI am required to send a deposit of £100 to confirm our booking.
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO COME
- Put in your diary.
- E-mail me to add your name(s) ASAP: firstname.lastname@example.org
Include in your e-mail:
• Name(s) - Who is coming with you
• Accommodation choice – BUNK HOUSE/ CAMPING/ CAMPERVAN/B&B
• Whether you will be staying for both nights
• Whether you prefer to stay in Bed and Breakfast – who would share rooms – or would prefer to stay at the Arncliffe Arms. (Please book this directly yourself.)
- Send a cheque, written to Bank House Farm for £20 per person to me at: J MacDonald, 1 Clifford Drive, Kendal. LA9 5JB (or give to me at Christmas Meal).
- If you would like to plan a ride for any part of the weekend – please let me know. Latest date to Confirm with me and let me have your deposit is 13 December 2012 (I will then be able to ensure we have enough people for the bunk house).
North York Moors Cycling Trip – Further Information Websiteshttp://www.moortoseacycle.net/
North York Moors Railway: