Welcome to Kendal District Cycle Scene (KDCS)KDCS is free to join and run by volunteers with the aim of offering a variety of on and off road programmed cycle rides throughout the year. To help you decide if you’d like to join KDCS read the following information. If you have further questions contact the membership secretary Mike Pezet, contact details below.
If you wish to join please complete the form below. You will automatically be enrolled on the ride update email list unless you notify otherwise.
Kendal is fortunate to have a variety of cycle clubs and groups offering a wide range of rides. Check their websites or Facebook pages to see which might best suit yourself.
- Brucies bike shop
- The Giant bike shop
- Kendal Cycle Club
- Kent valley Cycle Club
- South Lakes U3A
KDCS idealsThe focus for KDCS is enjoyment of cycling in a variety of terrain along with socialising at cafes and lunch stops enroute. Underpinning KDCS cycling is -
- Welcoming – For KDCS the emphasis is not the bike or person but on being on a bike outdoors. From carbon to steel (bikes that is, not riders) through to electric bikes KDCS welcomes a wide variety of cyclists and bikes
- Accommodating – KDCS aim to ride at a pace to accommodate the entire group, for example, gathering at hill tops or junctions before moving on. Rides where the rider needs to keep up with the group or be dropped is not the focus of KDCS
- Variety – KDCS follow different, varied routes each weekend. Routes are determined by the ride leader and programmed in advance with cafe and lunch stops being an integral element of most ride
- Affiliation – KDCS is affiliated with Cycling UK and joining KDCS offers discount membership with Cycling UK
Joining KDCSYou are welcome to join rides as a guest and see whether cycling with KDCS suits you. If you decide to continue we ask you to join as member in order to satisfy ride leader insurance requirements for Cycling UK.
Joining KDCS also offers the following benefits –
- Regular emails about ride details for the upcoming months
- Discount membership of Cycling UK
- Freedom to join rides at any time with no expectation of frequent attendance
- Social events throughout the year
- Access to the website detailing upcoming events and rides
To join KDCS fill in the form below. Your information will be stored on the membership database and you are free to unsubscribe at any time.
HistorySince its beginning in 1992 KDCS has been a community/voluntary organisation. It began with the aim of promoting cycling in all forms, for work, shopping, school or leisure in and around Kendal. KDCS undertook campaigning over a number of years to promote better facilities, cycle routes and rights for cyclists.
If you have any questions please contact:
Mike Pezet ( Membership Secretary )
e-mail – firstname.lastname@example.org